What does being truly authentic mean to you? Are you able to be yourself? Is your worth founded on the opinions of others? Have you discovered the real you?
Here are some questions to help you become more authentic
- What are your values?
- What’s important to you in life?
- What would you like out of life?
- How are you being true to who you are? How are you not? What stops you from being you?
- In what situations do you feel like you’re being authentic, and in what situations are you not, and why not?
- What are your gifts?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What makes you stand out?
- Does your walk reflect your talk?
- What do you have that can help others?
Taking time to reflect on this increases your self-awareness and can help align you to your purpose. Lack of purpose, and inauthenticity breeds frustration, envy, depression, inadequacy and other self-destroying feelings. The more authentic you are, the more people will draw close to you and trust you. This applies to every area of your life: relationships, business and career. Do not be afraid to stand out and be true to who you are!
If you are frustrated about your job or career and really wondering what your purpose is, sign up to receive a free personal SWOT analysis and other tools to help you discover and align your purpose, strengths and unique selling qualities to your dream job. Live life doing the things you are passionate. Make 2016 the year you made the decision to live authentically.